In this learning activity you'll explore why the FTP protocol is often used to transfer data across the network and more importantly, why it should not be.
Explore Intrusion Detection Systems, what they are, how they're configured, and the types of protection the provide.
In this learning activity you'll explore three common network protocols that computers use to communicate in a network.
In this learning activity you'll identify Man-in-the-middle attacks and discuss how they affect network security.
At the end of this lesson you will be able to
- Explain what biosecurity means.
- Describe why biosecurity is important.
- Identify what kinds of disease agents we try to prevent or control with biosecurity.
- Demonstrate disease agent-host-environmental interactions that result in disease.
In this learning activity you'll explore how port scanning is commonly used by hackers to infiltrate a network and how IT security professionals can detect it.
In this learning activity you'll discover the disconnected nature of the HTTP request-response model including some methods of persisting state and the security implications.
By the end of this module, you'll be able to:
- Identify actions that can reduce biosecurity risk
- Develop a biosecurity action plan for a farm
- Select the most cost effective strategies
By the end of this module, you’ll be able to:
- List four categories of disease agent sources
- Discover conditions when disease transmission is likely to occur
- Describe the means of disease transmission in a given situation
In this module, you'll be able to :
- Identify five routes of infection
- Describe how diseases are transmitted in animals